The Collingwood and District Historical Society warmly welcome new members. The Society was founded in 1976 by a group of local citizens interested in preserving the unique heritage of the area. It is a voluntary, non-profit organization with affiliate status in the Ontario Historical Society and membership in Heritage Canada.The objects of the Society are fully outlined in the Society’s Constitution. They primarily concern the promotion of interest in the area’s history and the preservation of that history; the identification of historical and archaeological sites; the publishing of historical documents; acting as consultants and as an historical information source, and maintaining relationships with similar societies within and outside Simcoe County.
In the many years the Collingwood and District Historical Society has been operating, it has;
1. Organized regular public meetings at which authoritative speakers have addressed us on matters of local, regional and national historical interest. Presentations in slide and film format are often used on these occasions.
2. Arranged for the erection of plaques to mark historical sites.
3. Gathered and published pictures and data on buildings of historical and architectural interest.
4. Commenced the preparation of a history of the Collingwood area and of original Collingwood families.
5. Established plans for increased activities in future and of wider scope.
President - Penny Skelton
Past President – Bruce Mackison
Treasurer – Bradley Green
Members at Large:
May Lou Dunn
Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions helpful to our society
please pass them on to an executive member
Please Mail Cheque or Money Order to:
Collingwood and District Historical Society
P.O. Box 181, Collingwood, On, L9Y 3Z5
Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
Copyright © 2016 -2023 Collingwood Historical Society - All Rights Reserved.
Website by Mike Scholte